Some of my friends in mainland of China complained that they could not visit my website fluently. I need to do something to solve it!
Actually, I have tried to use Gitee or Coding (Chinese GitHub) to backup my current website and use soome technique to forward the visits to Gitee/Coding or GitHub according to the visitors’ location. However, Gitee and Coding is not free and they are not stable. The worse thing is that I have to push my code to Gitee/Coding and GitHub for each update of my website.
So I decided to accelerate my website using Cloudflare. It is free and stable.
Now lets see the steps.
- Register your account at https://dash.cloudflare.com/
- Select the ‘free plan’ to accelerate your website.
- Enter your website domain (e.g. domain-name.com) without any ‘https’ or ‘www’.
- “continue”, then you will see the screenshot below:
Go to your domain’s provider website (mine is ‘namespace’), add the nameservers proveded by ‘cloudflare’ to it.
- I found that aftet the above 5 steps, our website cannot be visited at all. ERRO is “too many redirects …”. Let me research the reason.
- The reason is that my github setting checked the ‘SSL’ which means taht all http://user-domain.com wil be redirected to https://user-domain.com. But Cloudflare only receive http domans. So I unchecked the ‘SSL’ in github. But the website is still not available. ‘too many redirects’ still exists.
- No worries. Go to Cloudflare, finish its 4-step beginers’ guide to make your website safer and faster. Sorry I forgot to take a screenshot duirng I did that. After that, you can invite your Chinese friends to visit your website to see if it works.